Thursday, July 30, 2015

Pretty in pink

As sometimes happens, Ed and I were dressed in similar colours.  Today, we were both in pink shirts.  On our way down the dock in the morning, another boater asked whether we planned that.  Of course, doesn't everyone? 

We took a walk to Dean Marine, which has conveniently moved their store closer to the marina, to see if they had anything interesting.  I was looking for a particular kind of ruler to help me plot positions on a chart.  I had forgotten my plotting tools at home, where I had used them this past winter for my Celestial Navigation course.  They didn't have the kind of ruler I wanted, but Ed picked up a part to change the engine intake valve connection.  The straight connector would make it easier to clear blockages, than the current connector which has an elbow.
Sure enough, Ed was able to clear about a pound of seaweed from the engine intake valve, while I went for a pedicure at the salon right beside the marina.  Pink, please.