Monday, July 11, 2016

It can't be all fun and games

Wayne, Laurence, Philly, John, Ed and I hard at work
Monday was a work party day.  I've been wanting to replace the decking on the south balcony, as the old decking was getting quite warped, and worn looking.  The south balcony is fully exposed to the elements, and really takes a beating.  I opted for composite decking material.  It's a little expensive, but should last forever!

A great crew of volunteers showed up before 9:00am and we worked right through until about 5:30pm, when everyone was pretty tired. 
It was a hot day, and the job was taking longer than I expected.  By the time we quit for the day, we were about 3/4 done, and almost out of clips to hold down the deck boards.  After dinner, I headed back to the hardware store to pick up more clips (What do you mean you don't have 4 boxes - please check your inventory on-line!), and delivered them to the tender on Tuesday morning, when Laurence and Wayne finished to job.