Friday, August 07, 2015

Sistership

On Friday, I was sitting in the cockpit having my dinner, when I noticed a C&C Landfall 38 in the lagoon.  I noticed it because there was no water coming out of their exhaust, just smoke. (See Sunrise, Sunset entry from a couple of weeks ago.)  They looked like they were looking for a spot to dock, and I assumed it was because of the exhaust problem.  Our boat neighbours were just leaving for the weekend, so the visiting boat docked next to us.  Steve and his son Cam, from Ashbridges Bay Yacht Club, had just stopped by QCYC for dinner at our restaurant.  They didn't seem too worried about the exhaust.  By the time they were back from dinner, Ed had arrived, and gave them a tour of our boat, and went aboard theirs.  As seems to happen a lot in the boating community, we had mutual friends.  Steve is an instructor at Humber, and knows Andrew.  We'll have to visit ABYC some time.